Friday, June 24, 2011

Mexican Food For a Week

Last Saturday, I wanted to make my grandma a homemade Mexican dinner since she had grown tired of the hospital fare.  I made homemade beans, pork green chile and tortillas.  Even after feeding the family, I ended up with a fridge full of beans and chile.  In my family, it's almost unheard of to waste leftovers, so I made a fresh batch of tortillas and smothered burritos found its way to my dinner plate two nights in a row (and a burrito snuck its way into my lunch, too). 



Once the beans were all gone, I still had tortillas to use up.  So tonight's menu consisted of beef enchiladas with a side of guacamole. 



I accidentally ate half the bowl before I remembered to snap a pic


Life doesn't get much better than when amazing flavor assaults your tastebuds.

As always, happy eating,
Me

1 comment: