Monday, May 30, 2011

How Much to Buy a Green Thumb?

I know nothing about gardening, planting, growing anything - aside from the fact that I know dirt must be involved.  I know so little, in fact, that today I asked my mom if I could use the minuscule amount potting soil (for indoor plants) that I have to plant my new perennials in front of my house.  Her stifled laughter before calmly responding, "no sweetie," was her way of subtly hinting that I really was as clueless as I had suspected. 

After employing mom's help in picking the right kind of plants (perennials) for the right light (partial sun) and the right compost (or whatever it's called)...I now have this:



It's hard to actually see what they are since they're so small now, but if all goes well and I manage not to kill them - they should eventually look like:
Hosta
Hostas with their flowers bloomed
Saxifraga Touran
Let's hope the combo of the two blend nicely and I can keep them alive so they have time to blossom and grow out.

Praying for a greener thumb,
Me

1 comment: