Monday, April 11, 2011

What's the Cost of My Impatience?

As stated in my last blog, I thought this weekend I'd spend some girl time with my cousin after she convinced me I too wanted the peek a boo highlights she's been lusting after.  I made my way to Sally's and picked up everything I thought I'd need to do both our hair:
  • Mixing bowl
  • Dying brush
  • Dye
  • Developer
  • Gloves
  • Salon Clips
  • Dye stain remover
  • Hi-Lite Wraps (which suck btw - do not recommend)
  • Deep Conditioner Packet  
Price: $36

I couldn't wait for my cousin, though.  Friday night, I took to my bathroom on a mission.   When I finished the application, I was sorely disappointed to see that it did NOT turn out like this:


Instead,  I was left with my natural color.  The color didn't take at all.  So by the time I got to do my cousin's hair too, I had time to contemplate going colorful.  Would it really looks as fun and fab as I thought, or would I walk into work with pink hair and look like a fool?

I opted to go instead for a full head of black hair.  Yeah, not that adventurous, am I?  But, it is a change from my brown hair and so far I love it.  The Feria kit from Wal-Mart that I used for the black only cost me about $8.  So in total, I'm just over $40, but for that, I probably could have got the peek-a-boos professionally done and been satisfied the first time around! 

*Disclaimer:  The cost of car fuel used in the numerous trips to stores and back, Starbucks and other fast food meals were not included in the above costs.  Just goes to show my ideas and impatience can end up costing me! 

Bright ideas around every corner,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment