Sunday, February 27, 2011

For Budget-Minded Beauties

I'm not a label whore.  I don't put a lot of emphasis on what name my clothes carry; it's not mine, so it doesn't really matter.  I feel that beauty is more about what makes YOU comfortable and classy; not what you spend or what label it is.  Much of what others see isn't your clothing, it's your confidence.  So own your look, regardless of where you bought it!

That said, I'd like to share some of the bargain sites I frequent:


Variety of Items

HauteLook
This site requires membership, but it's free!  Once you're a member, you have access to rotating sales for various brand name clothing, shoes, cosmetics, jewelry, home decor, etc.  The sales are usually 50-80% off the retail prices.  The only con is that shipping can take weeks.  Don't expect to receive your purchases quickly as with other online shopping. 

Examples of my purchases:
  • Lorac Eyeshadows
  • Urban Decay Lip Gloss
  • NYX Cosmetics
  • Body Shop Shopping Pass (worth $50; paid $29)
  • 4-in-1 Serving Tray (fruit tray/punch bowl/pie plate/lid)
Clothes/Shoes/Accessories
15DollarStore
The name says it all - everything on this site is $15!  I have found numerous cute tops, pants, sweaters, etc.  I usually go to this site more for clothes.  I've made few shoe or accessory purchases.  Another plus - free shipping when you spend $100.

Urban Original
This is a site I go to for affordable AND adorable shoes; from pumps to knee-highs to booties to thigh-highs.  They also have clothes, accessories, swim wear, etc.  Free shipping on orders of $50 or more.


Makeup
Eyes.Lips.Face
I've been satisfied with all the products (makeup and brushes) I've purchased here, and they are super cheap!

NYX Cosmetics
Love their makeup!

Other Favs (online and/or in-store)

New York & Company
Ann Taylor Loft
Target
Kohl's
Gordmans
Ross
TJ Maxx
Metrostyle
Ulta
Sephora
Amazon

Tips to Save $$
  • Sign up for email lists on your favorite sites!!  They will send you discount codes, special notices, etc.  
  • Groupon - Sign up to receive daily deals in your area.
Happy Shopping and Saving!  :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! This is what it is all about..how awesome thank you for sharing!!! Hopefully everyone will catch on so we can all save!!!

    Shana
    ColorBlind

    THRIFTERS WANTED LINK UP HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need to keep these in mind if I finally get my place! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete