Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For the Love of Big-Lipped Beauties

How many of you saw these photos in the entertainment news recently?
Photo of Kim Kardashian that led to allegations she had lip work recently.
A flurry of accusations that Kim had lip work done popped up all over the Internet.  The woman has beautiful full lips that genetics kindly donated to her.  Why would she need any additional work?

While she denied the accusations, it continues to amuse me the things people come up with.  It's as if they refuse to believe that some beauty does occur naturally.  If a woman has a great set of lips or perky round ass, it must be because she had work done.  Not so!

I can relate to Kim on this issue.  Since I was about 14, I can remember people asking where I got my work done.  Really?  You're asking a 14 year old CHILD where she got her lips done?

My hate for my lips started when I entered middle school.  I remember the boys would make fun of my lips.  I think the nickname they used was "fish lips."  Yet, now that I'm old enough to appreciate the beauty of full lips, I would proudly own that label.  Yes, I have fish lips, and YOU wish you could kiss them, loser!  Something that used to make me so self-conscious is now what I consider one of my best physical assets.  I love my lips.  And, bonus - I didn't have to pay a dime for them.

So, Kim had the flu and it caused some swelling.  Who cares?  I wake up with swollen lips almost daily.  It doesn't mean I had work done in my sleep.  And it doesn't mean she did either.

Now, when people ask where I got them done, I smile and say, "In the womb."  Some don't believe that; some congratulate me.  Either way, they make me happy!  So, ladies, if you can relate to this plight - embrace what God gave you! 

*Muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment