Thursday, July 21, 2011

Would You Like to Be My Hobby?

A couple weeks ago, I traded one workload for another [read: my day job for one week with three pre-adolescent girls].

On one of our lazy afternoons, we went to Grafitto so we could paint our own ceramics.  I've been there a couple of times and love how therapeutic and relaxing it is to sit for hours and concentrate on nothing but your masterpiece - or whatever it turns out to be. 

Below are photos of our experience from beginning to end. 

THE PLACE
  
MINE

Off the Shelf

 
Painted but not finished...


My new favorite mug!

 THE GIRLS' PICKS!
 



 


I had so much fun that I'm thinking of making this a regular hobby...maybe my pay-day treat every now and then!  I can relax, hone my mediocre painting/artistic skills and begin a collection of hand-made pieces. 

1 comment: