Saturday, May 7, 2011

Torta de Limon Anyone?

Do you ever suddenly crave the acidic tartness that is a lemon?  Is it any surprise that I do?  Sometimes that sour bastard needs a sweet companion to tame it's ass, though.  That's probably why lemonade was invented, but I one upped the lemonade by bringing to life my very first lemon cake.  It wasn't as moist as I had hoped.  In fact, my batter came out more like cookie dough than runny cake mix, but hey - that's what happens when you mix one website's recipe and another's high altitude baking instructions with a mediocre baker [hint: me].  Maybe it wasn't perfect, but those who were brave enough to partake in my concoction were polite enough to tell me it tasted good.  I enjoyed it too, provided there was a giant glass of milk to help it through my digestive tract.  Below are some cake shots for you to feast your eyes upon.
Ignore the broken pieces, it hadn't cooled when I took it off the cake pan thingy.

1 comment: